Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Time Management in Regards to Exercise

We've all heard it before: just 10 minutes. That's all you  need! Find the time to get in a little something everyday! I would argue that a minimum of 30 minutes is better, but for the sake of this argument, let's say 10. Granted, if you only work out 10 minutes per day, that had better be one intense workout session, lest it be worthless. Sure, parking your car in the back of the lot and taking an extra flight of stairs can add up...but not in any quantifiable, immediately gratifying way. 10 consecutive minutes of jumping, hill sprints, burpees...now that's a recipe for success!

Now think about all the things you do in your day. Brushing your teeth, making/eating meals, driving to work...where can you squeeze in your ten minutes? Do it first thing in the morning or during a lunch break, take out some of that Facebook time, quick! do it now before reading anymore of this blog!

My point is: the best way to overcome a bad habit [laziness, procrastination] is to start a new habit! A little bit everyday DOES count, and it certainly will add up. There's no such thing as a shortcut when it comes to your health!! Diet and exercise DO work; the key is CONSISTENCY.


Ha! Kind of cool that I found this after I'd written this post. Perfectly fitting.


Very true! When I'm dripping with sweat after a high-intensity workout I feel so confident!

No comments:

Post a Comment