Of course my battery on my camera died right before I was going in to break my fast, so I borrowed Jennelle's camera. She didn't bring her cable to upload her photos though, so I won't have access to those photos for another 2 weeks [they were good photos too!].
I still wanted to do some sort of update today, so I figured I'd finally post some before and after pictures of myself, as well as my stats.
I came in at about 150 lbs. It is hard to say exactly since I changed scales, but give or take a pound or two, that seems like a pretty accurate number.
Today I weighed in at 124.8 pounds. That's a total loss of 25 pounds! [As a group of 12 fasters, so far we have lost over 200 pounds! And it's not over yet for a lot of people!] For me, that averages to just barely over a pound a day. This will fluctuate as I start eating again, and will soon drop down another 10ish pounds as I start working out. As impressive as these photos might seem, my part 2 before and afters [in about 6 months] will be much more of a treat, so stay posted for those.
Me on day 2 at the market in San Jose. Feeling happy to be in Costa Rica, but not exactly comfortable in my own skin. [You see what I mean by "blob" of a face?]
Me and Jennelle on day 3 in San Isidro [she looks dramatically different now too].
Ode to Arnold pose. I could barely flex because I felt so weak [pre-breaking of the fast] but I managed.
There we go. I have cheeks! And a jawline!
I made a point to be wearing the same yoga pants in these pictures. Note how they used to give me a muffin top...not so anymore! :)
I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin now than I ever have in my entire life, and it is only getting better. Living in a fit and capable body is so empowering and I believe, is a huge factor in having the best quality of life. At my skinniest [before I was married] I weighed 113 pounds, but it was not a healthy 113. Although I do believe that 110-115 is my optimum weight for my height, I never want to look or be as sickly as I was back then. I will be a muscular, strong, able-bodied 110. Fasting has cleared my mind of negativity and brought out the best in me.
Good for you, Dot! I'm glad you're feeling well and good about yourself. Looking forward to seeing you when you get back!
ReplyDeleteThanks Joe! I appreciate that :)
ReplyDeleteDot, you look so amazing!! Wow!! What a story! What a beautiful place to go and give your body and mind a deep cleansing! I'm so happy for you!!! Stay healthy!! Interesting how there is a difference between crazy "sickly" skinny, and lean, fit, and healthy. I'm glad that you can see and feel the difference. Only someone who has a clear and aware mind can see that difference in themselves. You look so great! I'm jealous! Ha, but I'll wait till after the baby comes to do any "fasting". :) Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kara, that means a lot! I know you know what I'm talking about too...it makes a huge difference. Life is so good!! :) I'm excited to meet baby Willis (maybe we'll have the same birthday??)
ReplyDelete