Well, I made it through the night! Today is infinitely better than yesterday, although I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm feeling great. Basically, all the same symptoms, just to a lesser degree. My headache waves in and out at around a 1-2 [on a scale of 1-10, yesterday it was more like 6-7], and my throat still hurts when I swallow and talk, but not when I'm laying doing nothing, as it was yesterday. My ears still ache, though not as bad, and extra bonus! my body odor isn't nearly as strong as it has been up until now.
Jennelle and I left our room so that house-cleaning staff could come and change our sheets etc. The sweet Costa Rican ladies asked us, "habla espanol??" Jennelle shook her head no, and I said, "mm, pequinia...I'm learning." [which I am, I'm using Rosetta Stone and have brushed up on it a little since I've been here.] The one lady got really excited and said, "Oh! We can help you practice!" I embarrassingly looked at her and said, "Oh, I really don't know that much...like...la arroz es...blanco." [translation: the rice is white. With terrible grammar.] I was so out of it. I immediately regretted ever opening my mouth and just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible to prevent any further embarrassment. Of all the things to say...really, Dot?!?
It was nice to get in the open air room. I immediately smelled sweetness in the air, like fresh nectar. It was beautiful to smell. We napped on and off on the couches, before more people started congregating for the 1PM lecture. As more noise came around me, I realized my ears were hurting more, so I opted to walk back to my room to rest.
I am expecting another visit from Dr. Graham tonight to check up on me. He last said that he expects my symptoms to get better and for the fever to wave in and out for a few days. For now, more rest.
I am really enjoying your blog! I would live to try something like this. Is there information somewhere on how to get signed up? Has Dr graham had any success with doing this on type 1 diabetics?
ReplyDeleteHi Gerdy! Thanks for the comment, I really like getting feedback. I went onto Dr. G's website (www.foodnsport.com) and read all the FAQ and articles about fasting on there when i was first getting into it.
ReplyDeleteI asked him about type 1 diabetics and he said, "no fasting professional would ever fast a type 1 diabetic. Type 2, yes, type 1, no." this is b/c type 1's rely so much on insulin. He recommends doing an 80-10-10 diet for type 1 to reduce their insulin intake by 80% or more. I would recommend looking into www.robbybarbaro.org. He eats a high fruit diet with type 1 diabetes and is doing well! I hope this helps