Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 3 of Recovery

Today is the 3rd full day of refeeding, and I feel phenomenal. I can tell that I am not at 100% yet, which is even crazier. I honestly feel more refreshed and energized [although the energy doesn't last long] than I can remember in a long long time...and I really won't be functioning at my new 100% for another month or so after the fast!


Yay for bigger meals! Yay for bringing back the glucose levels!

I am doubling the quantity of watermelon I eat everyday, as well as my physical activities. It is so nice to be on the same page with Mei and have a buddy to eat, walk, tan, and talk with. We talk about everything from our goals, struggles during the fast, past physical injuries, favorite foods/recipes, what we do in the winter etc. She is so talented and speaks so many languages! She is a web/graphic designer and is working on translating her website to English from Dutch, so when she does I'll post a link.
Exciting news! She also inspired me to buy my domain name: www.amadapuravida.com, which I did! There is still much much more that needs to become of that, but I'm glad to have snatched it up.


Easing my way back into the sunshine, gradually building my tan by the pool

Dr. Graham had Mei and I share our stories today during lecture: about us, what we struggled with before the fast, how we came to eat low-fat raw vegan, what our fasting experience was like...it was impromptu, so I felt a little scatter-brained, but it was good to share. 
Jennelle broke her fast yesterday! She didn't cry [like me] but it was so much fun to watch her get all giddy taking that first bite. She couldn't stop laughing! She looked like a kid coming down the stairs at Christmas!


Jennelle taking her first bite, day 25


Teeny-Tiny flowers at our table this morning

Tomorrow Mei and I will be able to walk more. Our day will basically be: walk, eat, repeat. We need to eat to replenish our glucose reserves, then walk up the hills to drain them, over and over again. By doing this we will build our bodies' glucose needs, and also regain our digestive abilities without straining or taxing ourselves. We will also [hopefully] earn ourselves some papaya! Vegetables will be reintroduced after about 6-7 days. 
I am looking forward to exploring the property even more, going down to the river, up into the jungle, taking a trip to San Isidro, there is so much to see and do! It almost seems like a shame that I've been here for a month and have hardly seen anything outside of a few hundred foot radius, but at the same time, there is no other environment I'd rather have fasted in.




No comments:

Post a Comment