Well, her coordination was off, but she was checking out this [what I thought was a] huge spider. It's body was about as big as the tip of my finger.
Eek! Ok not that bad. We are in their habitat. Beyond the initial shock, I wasn't too freaked out.
Then at dinner time, Jennelle's eyes got HUGE and she started shrieking, "omgomgOMG!" On a post behind us [much closer than the first spider] was this beast!
Um, yeah. By far the biggest spider I've ever seen...at least 6" in diameter from leg to leg. Grant loves spiders and has really long arms, so he got up close and personal enough to take this picture for me. He said that they don't bite, but they do jump! Perfect!
Needless to say Jennelle and I inspected our room top to bottom before going to bed last night, now that we've seen what exists out here.
Yikes! Spiders don't usually bother me (I catch them and take them outside--it drives J crazy), but that big is pretty disturbing. I'm really enjoying your updates. Keep em' coming!
ReplyDelete