Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 16

Before I came out here, Michael made sure that I had plenty of emergency entertainment [TV shows, movies] saved on my computer, just in case. Neither of us could have predicted what would happen during my time here, so of course I wasn't totally prepared.
Jennelle randomly started playing some old Disney songs from her iPod and instantly we couldn't stop singing. We both now have an insane urge to do nothing but watch old Disney cartoons...especially the really really old ones like: Rescuers Down Under, Thumbelina, Fox and the Hound, Robin Hood,  Fern Gully, Aristocats...the list goes on. We also can't stop singing the "Be a Man" song from Mulan.

A few days ago Dr. Graham told us what to expect from week 3. Here we go:
-Feeling "in the groove." You start coasting and just letting the fast happen
-You have strong urges to either be left alone or are feeling extra needy
-Move even slower, resting more
-Food dreams shift from junk food to fruits and vegetables

I've already felt all of these emotions. For the majority of the time I feel deep content and am happy to be fasting, but I get these sudden strong feelings of "feed me!" not out of hunger, just out of emotion.
I have gotten slower; the slow spurts of energy that I get are all mental. My body catches up in no time and tells me to sit/lay down. For example, I've been fighting having to actually use the stool they put in the shower for us, not wanting to feel like a senior citizen, but today I broke down and used it. I just couldn't stand for that long.
 At the beginning I was having disturbing dreams about all the foods I used to binge on. I would wake up and think I ate them, and it would freak me out! Just the other night I had my first fruity dream, where I actually drempt I was making a fruit smoothie with Megan Elizabeth.


Crazy looking caterpillar Grant found. I forget the name, but it is extremely poisonous. 

This is going to sound wicked cheesy, but I'm going to come out with it anyways: I feel like a caterpillar [non-poisonous of course] resting in a cocoon [aka fasting] and when I come out of this I will be like a beautiful butterfly! I can tell that everyday, my fast is gaining momentum. It's like, every day, my body gets better at fasting. It is doing more work for me now than during week 2, and tomorrow it will be doing more than it did today. 
I'm just as excited as the next person reading my blog to post my before and after stats/pictures [they are dramatic]. I basically am looking more like my pre-wedding self from two years ago, except instead of looking sickly I am looking radiant. +Plus this time I actually know how to sustain myself with the right foods and lifestyle, instead of resorting to self-destructive behaviors. I'm actually more excited to follow up 6 months from now when I've packed on more lean muscle tissue and can show off the strength I will have gained. My before and afters from before the fast to then will really showcase the me that I've been striving for...all in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment