Well, today is the day! Everything about it feels right, and I am so excited!! How many times do you get a fresh start like this in your lifetime? Most people never get a chance to start over like this, so I consider myself extremely fortunate!
It was down pouring on and off all day yesterday and last night, which brought a crispness into the air. Today everything looks greener, like a breathe of new life. Yes, today is the perfect day to break my fast.
Jennelle will be videotaping the event [hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to put that on here], and someone else will be taking pictures...so expect another entry in a few more hours!
Contrary to what I know a lot of people think, I am not just vacationing my life away, and I am also not starving to get skinny. I am gaining health, perspective, and a paramount of an education. My time spent here is actually for the betterment of my relationship with my husband, and in every other way, for the betterment of myself. For the last 5 years I have taken myself on a roller coaster ride that, had I stayed on, I do not doubt would have proven to be the end of my life. The self-abuse and torment I put myself through was no joke, and it was ruining my relationships and self-esteem. Fasting has taught me self-love, patience, resilience, and it has proven to me what I am capable of. It has renewed my appreciation for life, it has given me new perspective on food and nutrition, and it has been a deep deep rest for my entire body and soul.
It was worth every day, hour, and minute, and definitely every penny.
I believe that life is about breaking bad habits, and replacing them with good ones. It is about constantly seeing what you are worth and then challenging yourself to become better. Doing this will have ripple-effects in the lives of everyone you meet. To quote my favorite artist, the late Michael Jackson: "If you wanna make the world a better place, you gotta look at yourself and make that change!"
No comments:
Post a Comment