Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 18

I've been getting some feedback lately from concerned friends and family. Although I've tried to steer clear of most criticism, at this point in my fast, it is getting harder to avoid. What I have observed is that the people who are most worried are invariably also the people who know the least about supervised water fasting. I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this, it has just been my observance. The people who have read a little, or are even slightly familiar with natural health are much more open-minded on the subject and can grasp what I am doing much easier.

First, I want to say that this blog is an open book of my experiences. It is not somewhere you go to become versed in hygiene, but rather somewhere you come to learn about my interests, goals, and daily happenings. If you wish to learn more about the actual subject that I am pursuing, by all means ask, and I would be happy to steer you in that direction.
Secondly, I do not tread these waters lightly. I have done my homework. I have read books, even volumes on the subject of fasting, along with many other aspects of healthful living. I have read articles, consulted with experts, emailed and communicated with people who've done this, not to mention I am in the safest, most secure, calming supervised environment you could ask for. I am on the road to health and I am not worried in the slightest.
I appreciate the concerns that I know many people reading have, and I encourage you to look more into the subject before judging the actions I'm taking. To the layperson it may seem crazy. To the health-seeker it is quite obvious.

Having said that, I am now on day 18. You could say that I am "in the trenches" although it honestly feels more like I'm swinging on a playground. The end is in sight, but I am trying my hardest to focus on the present, here and now. I have been staying in a restful, meditative, horizontal state where I silently take in all that my now super-sharp senses possibly can: the water, the birds, the insects, the wind, the trees, the colors...

You can expect to see my next entry in two days, on day 20. My body is wanting more physiological rest, so that's what I'm giving it. ta ta for now!

1 comment: