I'm going to keep this one short and sweet, as today has by far been the worst day so far. No pictures either, as I haven't ventured out of my room.
Last night I slept maybe 2 hours. My headache was just throbbing all night, my teeth were aching, my ears ringing, and don't even get me started on my throat. It basically closed up almost completely, making it excruciatingly painful for me talk, let alone swallow water. Whenever I got slightly close to falling asleep, these darn dogs started barking. All. Night. Long. Ugh. It was terrible.
None of these symptoms got any better during the day, although I did manage to get a few hours here and there of shut-eye. Usually by now I've peed 6-7 times, and I've only peed 3, which is telling of my lack of hydration. Now I am running a fever and my ears and throat are only getting worse [my headache is on and off, from about a 3 to a 6 in pain]. So basically, today sucks.
There's really nothing I can do. If I break my fast then it would confuse my body [which is obviously doing some major house cleaning now], and although I may feel a temporary respite, whatever is getting flushed out would only stay stuck in.
All of the interns and Dr. Graham keep telling me that this is amazing work that my body is doing and that I should be thankful for these symptoms, especially as early on as they are. They say that the fact that your body can generate symptoms in order to regenerate itself is miraculous. Also, they say that these symptoms normally decease in 2-3 days, so I really just need to wait it out. I know they are right. I know I am not suffering from "lack of Nyquill" or "Tylenol." All those things do is suppress the real issues at hand. I trust that my body knows what it is doing and is always always moving in the direction of health, especially when I get out of its way, such as during a fast. Even though it seriously doesn't seem like that now, I know that I will be living proof of the benefits of fasting when I get back to the States. Plus, feeling all of this physical pain is only more motivation for me to stick to health creation in the way I live, eat, and play. I do not doubt that I will never go back to my old standard of living that I lived for the majority of my life.
***On a side note, it is even crazier to me that I am experiencing so much pain, when I have been transitioning to a healthier lifestyle for the last 2+ years. Imagine the toxins inside meat-dairy-bread-fast food-oily-greasy-cooked eaters that have eaten that way for double or even triple my 23 year lifetime?? Disclaimer: that wasn't written with the intention to offend anyone. Just wanting to make a point that we are all toxic to varying degrees and that everyone can take healthy steps in the right direction every day of their lives.***
No comments:
Post a Comment